CENTRE FOR CONSULTANCY AND LANGUAGE TRAINING
The Vice-Chancellor, Prof. E. Suresh Kumar, accorded approval to establish a Centre for Consultancy and Language Training (CCLT) at the university and accordingly the Centre was established in May 2019.
The Objectives of the Centre are as follows :-
- To offer consultancy to various agencies in matters related to teaching and learning of English
- To conceptualize and offer need-based/tailor-made training programmes to various organizations and institutions
- The English and Foreign Languages University imparts quality training to teachers of English and foreign languages. The well-qualified and experienced faculty members of the university have been training thousands of teachers of English across the country through the Diploma and Certificate courses, Resource Persons’ courses under the District Centre Scheme. Drawing on the expertise available in the university the CCLT proposes to organize short-term, need-based training for teachers of English in the government and private sectors.
- There is a growing demand for language for specific purposes (LSP) courses in the industrial and corporate sectors as English and foreign languages such as Spanish, German, French, for example, have assumed importance in global communication and in terms of employability. Therefore, CCLT offers to design and conduct specific courses in English (ESP courses) such as English for nurses. Business English, for example, and proficiency courses in foreign languages, to cater to the needs of the industrial, organizational and professional sectors.
- The Centre intends to collaborate with higher institutes of learning and offer its services in the areas of curriculum design and renewal, syllabus design and materials development, and organize a range of language proficiency courses on request. Recently, the university entered into an MOU with Indian Institute of Management, Vishakapatnam (IIMV) for mutual capacity building, under which, on request, an initiative has been taken to design and offer elective courses in Spanish and German to students of IIMV at their campus in September-November 2019. The courses will be coordinated by the Centre for Consultancy and Language Training (CCLT).
For further information on CCLT contact : -
Centre for Consultancy and Language Training
Office : -
☎ : 040-27689540